Our touristic site is open to the visitors during the school holidays (all zones combined) → +more info concerning 2018-2019 school holidays
We advise you to come to visit our site before 4pm to fully enjoy it. The duration of a visit is about 2h30.
All visits are given in French except for groups on demand. You can enjoy English tours from the 8th of July to the 31st August every Thursdays afternoon. Meet us at 2:30 pm at the summer ticket office.
The Cité de l’Huître is open from the 1st of April to the 4th of November, from 10:30 am to 7pm.
- Everyday during school holidays all zones combined, july and august.
- Everyday except on mondays and tuesdays during school time
- Every week and every holiday in October.
The Cité de l’Huître is open for bank holidays !
Opening hours for school groups and extracurricular
From 15 persons The Cité de l’Huître offers you different services adapted to everyone.
The Cité de l’Huître is open from the 1st of march to the 30th of november 2019
- From 10:30 am
- Hours of visits can be adjusted according to your need
- Adult : 9€
- Children (6 to 16 years old) : 5€
- – than 6 years old : free
- Reduced prices : 7€ (student, unemployed person, disabled person) on presentation of proof
- Family pass 2 adults + 2 children from 6 to 16 years old : 23€. Thanks to this Pass, you don’t pay for your 2nd 2€ for each additional child.
- Bike rental : included in the entrance ticket
- Little boat that links the Cayenne port ↔ La Tremblade (by foot or by bike) : 2€ → Learn more
- Groups (of 15 persons minimum): → Learn more
Payment method : cash, credit card, check
-Your entrance tickets are more than a simple memory ! The Cité de l’Huître has memberships with the Paléosite at Saint-Césaire (between the towns of Saintes and Cognac) and with the Gallo-Roman site of the Fâ at Barzan (next to Talmont-sur-Gironde). Use your entrance tickets in both of those touristic sites to benefit from reduced prices.
-Ask your employee representative committee : there might be a partnership between your committee and the Cité de l’Huître that can offer you reduced prices or presales.
Good to know
-The indoor course is fully air-conditioned.
-All areas are wheelchair accessible. Certified Tourism and Handicap, motor deficient
-Dogs are not accepted for health and safety reasons.
-The Cité de l'Huître is a public place placed under video surveillance and subject to collective rules.
- Objects, rooms and equipment may be photographed and filmed for the visitor's private use only. For commercial use contact us.
→ Any questions? Check out our frequently asked questions !